* Yesterday, we heard president Trump say that the Chinese growth data shows the need for a trade deal.
* The US is set to proceed with the extradition of Huawei executive according to the Canadian press.
* US existing home sales due later on today.
* Cabinet member Rudd tells the PM that a number of MPs are ready to quit if she pushes for a no deal Brexit.
* Growing calls from Tory MPs to allow for a delay in Article 50.
* EBS FX and Swaps operation moving to Amsterdam.
* UK employment report and public borrowing figures out this morning.
* German ZEW survey is this morning’s focus in the Eurozone.
* EU Commission has cut Italy’s growth forecast in 2019 to 0.6%.
* Key weight for EUR this week will be the ECB on Thursday as well as the Jan PMIs the same day.
AUD & NZD
* Chinese CEOs are targeting Australia as a major growth market according to the Australian press.
* Global growth downgrade by the IMF adding to negative risk tone this morning.
* NZ BusinessNZ services PMI falls to 53.0 in Dec from 53.5.
* Oil prices having less of an impact on the CAD as we see a broad-based pick up in USD demand.
* Lower Gold prices highlight early year demand for USDs away from all other major currencies.
* Canadian manufacturing and wholesale sales for Nov due out this afternoon.